A family keepsake for many years, this sugar cookie recipe is the best we have found. Not only does this recipe make perfect looking cookies, but they taste just as amazing. This is our go-to recipe for every holiday and event we have throughout the year.
( Follow the recipe below: )
1 Cup butter (2 Sticks)
3 Cups White Flour
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1Cup White Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp. (Vanilla/Lemon/Almond) Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly rube together softened butter, flour, and cream of tartar until texture is somewhat crumbly. Set bowl aside
3. In a smaller bowl, thoroughly beat eggs, sugar, salt, soda and vanilla
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, Thoroughly combine. Roll dough out to approximately 1/4 to 1/8" on moderately floured cutting board. Sprinkle dough lightly with more flour.
5. Bake approximately 8-10 minutes and let cool completely before decorating
Mix powdered sugar, milk, almond extract, milk together until consistency is medium-runny.